Assistant Manager - Chennai - Barclays
Barclays as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Assistant Manager jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Barclays company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.
With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organization.
Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth and investment management with an extensive international presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs 140,000 people.
Barclays moves, lends invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website
for more information
About Finance Control
Financial Control is responsible for the preparation of statutory, regulatory, tax and management reports for Barclays. It ensures integrity of financial information by implementing and monitoring appropriate controls throughout the organisation. In addition, a primary role of Financial Control is to collaborate with the businesses we support to develop innovative ways of adding shareholder value. This is achieved by striving to execute in a consistent and timely manner, and by implementing best practices globally across the division.
Overall purpose of role
Financial control team is responsible for the timely closure of financial books for Legal entities on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Financial Control is also responsible for supporting central controls which are critical monitoring checks for ensuring the accurate legal entity reporting
- Month End Accounting and Reporting
- Notes to Accounts, Quarterly/Half Yearly/Annual Disclosures
- Balance Sheet controls , Account Ownership
- Group Reporting / IFRS / RACE / FINREP
- Management Accounting and Letter Of Representation
- Statutory Accounting & Reporting
- Team Building and management
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and understanding their requirements for effective execution
- Enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter, pro-active and a team player.
- Desire to provide top quality service to internal stakeholders from different areas of the firm /geographies
- Ability to negotiate and influence senior management across the businesses
- Build strong partnerships across the business with excellent stakeholder management
- Eye for detail and exception track record in managing and resolving conflict situations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with ability to think outside the box.
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Strong control mind-set.
- Good IT System skills;
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of issues and manage through to a successful resolution.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communicator.
- Strong knowledge of financial statement disclosure
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site
Barclays Values and Diversity:
Our common purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. We’ll measure and reward our people, not just on commercial results, but on how they live our Values of
and bring them to life every day.
To find out more about working at Barclays and the development opportunities we offer please visit our website
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.