Maintenance And Repair Superintendent - - Cma Cgm
Cma Cgm as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Maintenance And Repair Superintendent jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Cma Cgm company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
APL, one of the world’s leading ocean carriers, offers more than 90 weekly services and call ports in over 50 countries worldwide. We provide container transportation through our international shipping network which combines high-quality intermodal operations with advanced technology, equipment and e-commerce.
APL is part of the CMA CGM Group, a leading worldwide shipping group founded in 1978 by Jacques R. Saadé. CMA CGM has a global presence thanks to its numerous vessels calling various ports all over the world. CMA CGM has grown continuously, and has been constantly innovating to offer its clients new sea, land and logistics solutions. Headquartered in Marseilles, the Group has employees all over the world in hundreds of agencies.
With over 160 years of experience, APL has the knowledge and the expertise to help our customers grow their businesses and negotiate in an increasingly complex and ever-changing global marketplace – whether that is venturing into new territories or growing in already developed markets.
Position is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all equipment and facilities in APL's Terminal 18 facility. The position reports to the APL Manager of M&R in Seattle. As directed by the M&R manager, this position will be responsible to develop and directly supervise an efficient, cost effective maintenance work force locally on Terminal that is sufficient in skill levels and productivity to minimize out of service downtime of APL's equipment at or below plan cost levels. This position also participates in the development of and implementation of APL corporate M&R goals and objectives.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- As directed by M&R Manager, responsible for the supervision and effective management of APL IAM labor at T18.
- As directed by M&R Manager, lead, motivate, support and develop a work force of approximately 22 mechanics and various on-site vendors. Mechanics are affiliated with the International Association of Machinists.
- Interaction with SSA Marine, CMA CGM Equipment and Operations and APL Operations teams is required. Coordinate inter-regional M&R activities with West Coast ports, and APL Terminal in Dutch Harbor, Alaska.
- Participate in M&R process and cost improvement teams, safety programs and accident reporting. Develop training programs within the PNW region supporting job skill enhancement, safety and environmental awareness.
- Assist in developing, managing, and controlling PNW M&R operating budget.
- Effectively administer APL's M&R contract with IAM consistent with company policy and local work practices. Administer contractual requirements of approximately 50 on-dock M&R services suppliers.
- Analyze and report variance in planned performance and cost to budgeted standards.
- Directly manage equipment and facilities at Terminal 18.
- Administer contractual obligations for maintenance services provided to third party clients.
- Exercise control of inventory and general purchasing in support of M&R operations.
- Maintain PNW Key Process Indicators (KPI’s) measuring M&R performance standards.
- Maintain equipment deadline service levels to published target standards.
- Ensure adequate reefers are available to cover bookings, maintain all the loads within the region (in and outside the terminal) provide extensive documentation for select customers, follow up on corporate requests for additional reefer data, etc.
- Ensure M&R operations are conducted in compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local regulations in regard to safety and environmental legislation.
- Ensure M&R contractors’ operations are conducted in compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local regulations in regard to safety and environmental legislation within each country where M&R activities reside.
- Responsible for all environmental compliance issues associated with APL M&R operations at T18.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience within the transportation industry, preferably in an ILWU labor environment. Minimum 3 years in direct Maintenance support activity.
- Prior working experience in budget preparation and administration as well as a demonstrated understanding of M&R and labor relations required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must have ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential as required by the Department of Homeland Security
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, EXCEL and WORD.
- Knowledge of GQL, EMMS, EAM preferred.
APL is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Alternative application methods are available for individuals who are unable to use or access our online application system. For assistance, please contact us at [email protected]