Lead Operations Analyst - Pune - Barclays
Barclays as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Lead Operations Analyst jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Barclays company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Midrange supports three platforms viz. HP Nonstop (or Tandem), iSeries (or AS/400) and OpenVMS (or VMS). . Midrange is responsible for maintaining and commissioning infrastructure on these platforms. Midrange is also responsible to undertake system and middleware utilities work on these platforms.
There are 4 departments in midrange: Change Delivery, Application Management, Service Operations and Product Management. The change delivery team makes sure any changes are done as smoothly as possible. Application management (AM) is the process of managing the operation, maintenance, versioning and upgrading of an application throughout its lifecycle. The Service Operations Midrange Team is responsible for the monitoring and 1st line Support of all the systems at both an infrastructure and application level. And lastly the product management team make sure that all of our software is up to date and that there are no problems with it.
This team also operate using Agile & Lean methodologies; this allows us to deliver better value products to the customers, in less time. Agile & Lean methodologies are shown with the introduction of Kanban boards to each initiative of Midrange. Also every team member tries to identify opportunities to re-align work to correct areas and they also try to identify and implement automation opportunities.
Overall purpose of role
As a HP NonStop Infrastructure Engineer, he/she should have good experience in the infrastructure space focused on HP Nonstop Server components, Middleware products such as MQ, Connect Direct and FTP. He/She should have good exposure to HP Nonstop products like Multibatch, OVNM and Golden gate.
- Accountable for ensuring all aspects of the Project delivery are successfully completed in line with the Midrange strategy.
- Coordinate and provide technical suggestions for business working on the project/service in line with the Midrange strategy.
- Work/support automation initiatives for Midrange to increase efficiency
- Identify the areas within midrange where manual activities are happening via projects and drive the initiative to automate them. This will require extensive research of services, project activities, planning and execution for about a year
- Ensures that existing problems and known errors in systems and services being brought into operation are understood and managed in the same way as those arising from operational incidents from service prospective.
- Adhere to the standard operational procedures to address the alerts received on the respective services.
- Proactively identify improvements that can be made to systems or services and make appropriate recommendations based on sound rationale.
- Identify and report repeat incidents and ensure that Problem Management colleagues are effectively engaged to follow up.
- Work across organisational boundaries, e.g. business and IT communities, to achieve objectives and manage conflicting needs / priorities within each area. The decisions made will have a direct impact on customers and end users.
- Be responsible and answerable to stakeholders for any issue involving any particular platform under their lead.
- Assist in the evaluation and take-on of new business.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
The candidate must be able to manage the key stakeholders well.
- Communicate: To ensure intended message is understood and the desired response achieved.
- Consult, early and often: To get the useful information and ideas, ask questions.
- Remember, they are human: Operate with an awareness of human feelings.
- Plan it: Time investment and careful planning against it, has a significant payoff.
- Relationship: Try to engender trust with the stakeholders.
- Simple but not easy: Show your care. Be empathetic. Listen to the stakeholders.
- Managing risk: Stakeholders can be treated as risk and opportunities that have probabilities and impact.
- Compromise: Compromise across a set of stakeholders' diverging priorities.
- Understand what success is: Explore the value of the project to the stakeholder.
- Take responsibility: Project governance is the key of project success