Solution Architect - Pune - Barclays
Barclays as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Solution Architect jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Barclays company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 135,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com. Barclays offers investment banking products and services in the US through Barclays Capital Inc.
Barclays Values and Diversity
Our common purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. We’ll measure and reward our people, not just on commercial results, but on how they live our Values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship and bring them to life every day. To find out more about working at Barclays and the development opportunities we offer please visit our website www.barclays.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards.
Accountable for both execution and communication of the development activities across a number of APAC programmes supporting the Regulatory Reporting function within Finance. With a heavy emphasis on both technical and communication skills, this lead will be expected to work closely with the developers, Business Analysts, Architects and Project Managers across all jurisdictions in APAC as well as the business units we service (i.e., Investment Banking, Corporate, etc.) to deliver robust design and technical solutions in a controlled, transparent and actively risk managed fashion.
Primary responsibilities of the candidate will cover, but not limited to:
· Working with project stakeholders, to scope initiatives, establish governance, and define target solutions
· Actively managing schedule, benefit delivery, and any deviations from the plan. Must be able to demonstrate analytical ability to assess change requests and their impact to the project and approaches to accommodate.
· Supporting the Lead Solutions Architect in providing advice and guidance to business stakeholders in shaping the portfolio of technology solutions to be provided to the business
Main Duties · Architecture, Design and Solution for various projects across Local Regulatory and FATCA application.
· Designing solution for tax applications active Infrastructure like Server, Storage, Virtualization as well as Big-data analysis, Content Delivery Network etc.
· Requirement understanding & creating the optimized solution for FATCA/CRS and Data Control Framework for all reporting applications.
· Need to work with customers, business testing team, regulatory reporting SMEs to understand overall scope and fitment of FATCA/CRS solution.
· Research new and emerging reporting solutions for Regulatory reporting and develop techniques.
· Coordinate with various project teams to communicate the necessity of solution requirements, design constraints, Defining responsibility with OEM & Service partner.
· Analyze and make recommendations to improve network, system and application architectures, designs and implementations.
· Advanced knowledge of web application, operating system, databases and ETL techniques.
Basic Requirements · Relevant years of RDBMS experience in Oracle/ETL and Data warehouse concepts.
· Relevant years of Unix experience
· Relevant years of experience in a financial institution with exposure to the Regulatory function
· Relevant years of experience in delivering multi-year complex programmes
· Proficient in Finance and Regulatory Reporting fundamentals (focus on functional experience)
· Proficient with Microsoft technologies
· Good understanding of the FATCA act is a huge plus.
Other Competencies · Highly-motivated team player
· Enthusiastic and eager to learn
· Demonstrates initiative / Pro-active
· Dedicated and reliable
· Organized / manages time well
· Detail oriented
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Capable of dealing with diversity
· Ability to work in a virtual team, across boundaries
· Ability to multi-task / self-sufficient
· Ability to establish direction and drive progress
· Excellent interpersonal skills to foster working relationships with all stakeholders
Preferred Qualifications · General understanding of the finance markets and financial products.
· Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
· Familiarity with complex system integration and excellent understanding of the full SDLC lifecycle including both waterfall and agile methodologies.
· Strong design skills and experience working with high-volume data sets and high-throughput messaging and batch systems
· Experience with source control management systems, continuous integration/deployment environments, automated testing, object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories