Legal Officer - Mumbai - Dasra
Dasra as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Legal Officer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Dasra company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Job Description – Legal Officer
Reporting to: Associate Director – Finance, Dasra
Organization: Dasra is a leading strategic philanthropy foundation in India. It works to shape the
process of social change by forming powerful partnerships with funders and social enterprises. For
the last 15 years, Dasra has been working to build a platform that enables knowledge creation,
capacity building, strategic funding and collaboration in order to touch and transform the lives of
800 million Indians.
Role Overview: Dasra is registered as Impact Foundation (India), a Section 8 company, which works
in close collaboration with Dasra US and Dasra UK, independent public charities in the US and UK
respectively (together referred to as the Dasra group of charities). The legal officer position would be
responsible for managing the legal function for the group, including: (i) ensuring compliances under
applicable laws in these respective jurisdictions, most particularly the statutes of Income Tax Act,
Companies Act, FCRA and FEMA for Dasra India; (ii) drafting and vetting all legal documentation
(including but not limited to grant agreements, contracts, MOUs, vendor agreements); (iii) advising
key stakeholders on legal matters; and (iv) working cross-functionally with various project teams,
finance, operations etc. to ensure policies and processes are updated with evolving regulations and
are being duly followed.
- Vetting and finalizing grant agreements with donors and non-profits, contracts with service
- Advising on all correspondence requiring legal inputs and educating front-facing teams on
- Identifying potential legal and related risks and developing mitigating strategies.
- Providing updates and reports to the internal committees, partners and the Board on a
- Developing and updating Dasra’s policies relating to corporate governance and regulatory
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience as a corporate lawyer or an in-house legal counsel.
- Bachelors' degree in Law (LLB), ideally qualified as a company secretary.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of all laws applicable to a non-profit organization like
- Should have excellent legal drafting and interpretation skills with high detail orientation.
- Highly competent in statutory, regulatory compliance issues.
- High standards of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.