Developer - Pune - Barclays
Barclays as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Developer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Barclays company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.
With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
About Barclays Corporate & Information
Barclays Corporate & International is a diversified transatlantic business comprising our corporate banking franchise, which is market leading in the UK with strong international growth opportunities, our top-tier investment bank, a strong and growing US and international cards business, our international wealth offering, and leading payments capability through both corporate banking and the Barclaycard merchant acquiring expertise. Barclays Corporate & International has scale in wholesale banking and consumer lending, strength in our key markets, excellent growth potential, and good balance in its revenue streams, delivering further resilience and diversification.
E&D Open Account Technology is responsible for the asset ownership and change to a number of Open Account systems, such as RFP, VAX, DAS and LMI
Engineering and Development is responsible for designing, developing and deploying applications that enables the banks Corporate operations worldwide.
Overall purpose of role: There is a major need to build in-house capability of Sterling Product into Barclays, to remove reliance that currently exists on the vendor product, and to enable change to be delivered in-line with Barclays business expectations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering day to day change into the File Gateway application, ensuring Barclays standards are adhered to and exceeded and that all project requirements are met. In addition, as a senior developer they will be responsible for supporting and managing junior development team members to ensure the continual growth of the team and identification and implementation of development process improvements and innovations..
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Liase with the product team for upgrade related activities and also on performance improvement.
- Work closely with the peers within / outside team and keep stakeholders updated on progress against milestones.
- Enhance and improve application development capability via automation
- Highlight risk and issues via effective control and Standard Barclays processes.
- Ensure all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirement and Barclays policies and standards
- Actively participate in internal initiatives outside project work (for example, adoption of new tools and internal process improvements)
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with teams across the organisation, ensuring effective delivery of applications into the production environment.
- Ensure the effective development of robust, effective application/product changes within software release.
- Good understanding of the Sterling Product and closely work with design community to share the ideas and also help the L2 / L33 team to provide solution related to Problem records.
- Ensure that all governance, risk policies, procedures and compliance policies are adhered to
- Risk and Control Objective - Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards
• Strong development background, ideally within the financial sector, including managing/mentoring development teams.
• Strong knowledge of core Java, SQL, XML handling, XSLT, EDIFACT, Swift and other file formats
• Graduates with Development Experience in Sterling Product and knowledge on Protocols, Certificates, SEAS and Sterling Control Centre.
• Ensure appropriate development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall etc.) are adhered to and have strong communication skills with other project stakeholders.
• Experience in DevOps implementation and ability to continually identify automation and integration opportunities to continuous improvement in application development processes.
Barclays Values and Diversity
Our common purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. We’ll measure and reward our people, not just on commercial results, but on how they live our Values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship and bring them to life every day. To find out more about working at Barclays and the development opportunities we offer please visit our website www.barclays.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
You must meet the following eligibility criteria for IJP:
- To apply for this role, upload a copy of your updated resume.
- Completed 12 months in their current role and presently at a BA3 or BA4
- Last - year PD rating of Good or above.
- Should not be on active CAP/DAP
- Grade: BA4
- Location: BTCI
- Number of Open Positions: 1
- Reporting Manager: Ragesh Nair - Engineering & Development | Barclays Corporate & International