Support Analyst - Pune - Barclays
Barclays as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Support Analyst jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Barclays company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Please visit our website
for more information.
About Functions Technology
Group Functions colleagues keep our business competitive by providing first-class support - from risk management and financial control to IT expertise and human resources
About Group Risk
The Group Risk team provides support to the Group Risk business ensuring compliance with multiple regulatory initiatives including SRP, IFRS9, BCBS239 and Basel Accords (I, II and III).
Overall purpose of role
· Deliver application Support L2 services for Ab-Initio & SAS applications hosted in UNIX & LINUX platforms
· Strong UNIX/LINUX skills and a working knowledge of TIVOLI Schedule support including TIVOLI Schedule deployments
· Maintain the stability and availability of Ab-Initio & SAS applications to agreed SLAs
· Ensure key application functions and scheduled activities are completed in a timely manner and within SLA, Eg. Start or End of Day tasks.
· Perform Incident Management- Support L2 team with appropriate technical support for dealing with the Incidents.
· Participate in Major Incident Management calls across various component teams to help identify the root cause of the incidents and resolve the incident thereafter.
· Ensure all Ab-Initio & SAS applications are fully supported to meet (and strive to exceed) the SLA requirements of service area
· Must be willing to work in morning and afternoon shifts
· Must be willing to provide rotational 24*7 on call support for critical issues from home
· Carry out incident trend analysis to identify Problem Records to be raised i.e. the management of service affecting issues (problems), including communications and escalation when required
· Identification of and implementation of continual improvements to the service through, for example, incident root cause analysis, trend analysis and procedure reviews
· Proactive approach to improving systems and services, including proactive monitoring application components and processes
· Peer review of Application Support processes, procedure and documentation
Managing Windows Services
Windows Task Scheduler
Task Manager – Performance Analysis
Knowledge of MS SQL Server Management Studio
Knowledge of Application Server – IIS
· L2 support experience (1-2 yrs ) is preferably required.
· Candidate should have SAS, UNIX/LINUX skills and a working knowledge of TIVOLI Schedule support
· AbInitio and Windows server management exposure is an added advantage.
· Good knowledge of ETL systems
· Good working knowledge of Database/SQL
· Experience in troubleshooting to recover failures quickly.
· Ability to understand performance metrics and reporting in ETL systems
· Strong knowledge around non-functional implementation
· Good analytical and problem solving skills
· Encourages knowledge sharing across teams and/or organisational area.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
· The ability to facilitate and negotiate with multiple parties to bring about agreement and resolution, even when position is not initially shared by others.
· Clearly and effectively communicates difficult or complex ideas to stakeholders, peers and subordinates.
· Adapts style to contribute and enhance team performance by working effectively with people across a wide range of disciplines and levels, both internal and external
Decision-making and Problem Solving
· The person should have sound analytical and debugging skills to resolve the production batch failure and provide end to end root cause analysis.
Risk and Control Objective [This section is mandatory for all role profiles and must not be deleted]
· Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
· L2 Support or ETL Developer is preferably required.
· Candidate should have basic of ETL or database knowledge, UNIX/LINUX skills and a working knowledge of TIVOLI Schedule support
· ITIL Knowledge or certification is added advantage
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That
's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.