Proof Reader - Gurgaon - Unnati
Unnati as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Proof Reader jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Unnati company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
As a Distribution and Export House, Our Client caters to the specialized educational needs of students, researchers and professionals in engineering, agricultural research, business studies, medical science and many other academic disciplines.
The company has the distinction of having represented a large number of leading STM and Medical Publishers alongside several other well-known names in the worldwide publishing industry.
Equipped with state-of-the-art warehousing facilities, latest delivery mechanisms and a highly trained staff, Our Client has the capacity to handle orders of any size.
Besides, there is an exclusive division that caters to the needs of academic libraries for e-Books and e-Databases. With a large collection of books in a multitude of academic disciplines, available in both downloadable and physical form, one need not go anywhere else.
As a Proof Reader of this Prestigious Publishing House, Your Key Responsibilities are,
- Correcting spelling mistakes and grammatical errors;
- Sub-editing text written by a number of authors to ensure consistent house style;
- Working with IT-based publishing systems and databases, as well as via the internet, CD-ROMs or from Paper manuscripts;
- Liaising regularly with authors and publishers by phone and email;
- Checking that authors have provided all the required materials and paperwork;
- Resolving queries directly with the author, e.g. style and text inconsistencies;
- Coding manuscripts for design features, such as hierarchy of headings, to instruct the production team;
- Creating artwork briefs to detail the content of illustrations;
- Ensuring that illustrations are correctly captioned and referred to in the text;
- Producing or working to a style checklist to ensure consistency in hyphenation, capitalisation, formatting of references, etc;
Salary: INR 1,75,000 - 2,50,000 P.A.
Functional Area: Journalism, Editing, Content
Role Category: Journalist/Writer
Role: Proof Reader
Keyskills: Export House Proof Reading Content Checking Technical Editing English and Grammer Sub - Editing Proof Reader
Desired Candidate Profile
- A thorough knowledge of English language (or the language the publication is written in);
- A methodical working style;
- Concentration, accuracy and great attention to detail;
- The ability to multitask;
- Tact and diplomacy for negotiating changes with authors;
- The ability to work to tight deadlines;
- IT skills and Freshers Preferred.
PG - M.A - Communication, English, History, Journalism, Political Science, PR/ Advertising