Firmware Test Engineer - Bangalore - Medtronic
Medtronic as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Firmware Test Engineer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Medtronic company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Medtronic is the world’s largest medical technology company, offering innovative therapies to fulfill our Mission of alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life. Medtronic is currently developing a novel kidney dialysis solution aimed at patients suffering from end-stage renal disease, and to address key infrastructural barriers, in emerging markets. As part of this initiative, Medtronic’s Renal Care Solutions group has established the Medtronic India Development Center (MIDC) in Bengaluru, and is looking to hire talented candidates to work on exciting opportunities.
The candidate will support the Medtronic Dialysis System, with specific focus on the testing of Firmware for a microcontroller-driven electromechanical system, which includes a variety of actuators, sensors, and a Graphical User Interface. The position will require extensive interaction with Electronics engineers, Systems engineers, Mechanical engineers, and test automation engineers.
This person will work in collaboration with a global development team based in India, USA and China throughout the product development lifecycle to bring the new dialysis system to market. He/she will need to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and be confident about combining technical expertise with logical reasoning to make trade-offs between features, time-to-market, and budget. He/she should have strong firmware testing skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and possess great communication/collaboration skills.
A desire to work on healthcare applications is a key requirement. This is an exceptional opportunity to develop a truly innovative product that will impact the lives of millions of patients across India and the world, and a unique opportunity to experience all stages of a brand new medical device’s product development process in a short duration.
- Analyze and interpret firmware requirements correctly to come up with test designs that provide comprehensive coverage, and ensure requirement-to-test traceability
- Identify scenario-based tests that cover individual Firmware requirements as well as interactions between multiple requirements / features / modules
- Identify effective and efficient mode of test implementation, prepare script-based automated FW testing routines, and create high quality procedures to implement the test designs.
- Participate in the review activities and perform high quality reviews. (Example: test design, test procedures, test results, requirements etc.) .
- Participate in the formal execution of test procedures and follow the established processes prior to, during and after the test execution.
- Participate in System Verification and Validation activities and maintain high quality documentation of the testing results.
- Ensure compliance of our software development process to the IEC 62304 standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or Biomedical Engineering
- Minimum 4 years’ firmware development or test experience in C/C++
- Experience working in medical devices sector (strongly preferred) or in a regulated industry such as aerospace, automotive, etc.
- Experience with tools for automation testing
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python or Tcl
- Understanding of SW-HW interfaces
- Able to work in cross-functional and cross-cultural global teams.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial in nature.
- Master of Science degree in Electronics or Computer Engineering
- Understanding of IEC 62304 software development standards for medical device industry
- Basic familiarity with electromechanical concepts (electronics, motors, pumps, sensors, etc.)
- Experience in automated test system development using LabView
- Experience with simulation software such as MATLAB
- Understanding of PCB design, schematics, layout.