Reference Data Products Pricing Application Support - Mumbai - Morgan Stanley
- Reference Data Products Pricing Application Support
- Morgan Stanley
- Mumbai MH
- 19 May, 2017 30+ days ago
Morgan Stanley as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Reference Data Products Pricing Application Support jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Morgan Stanley company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
The Reference Data Production Management Team is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic team member who enjoys analytical troubleshooting for level two support for the following domain areas
- Reference Data Platform : Streamlined access point for data & distribution of the whole Enterprise Data
- Products Reference Data : Single source of Enterprise Product (stock/bonds/derivatives etc.) & related Corporate Action
- Pricing Reference Data : Firms periodic and a-periodic timeseries/pricing data (e.g. tick data, end-of-day pricing data, company financials, macro-economic statistics, historical reference data, index/ETF composition).
- Elemental Reference Data: Single source for static reference data incl countries, currencies, time zones and calendars
The team is distributed globally and covers all aspects of ITIL Production Management, including Engineering, Support and Deployment across the above practice areas. The candidate should be adaptive to a continuous changing and fast paced environment, be able to successfully multi-task, and enjoy the pressure and stress of a fully engaged production management role. The role will involve interacting with developers, external vendors, data operations, other Application Support Group Teams as well as clients directly in the business units. Previous production management experience is mandatory. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of production management including : -
- Taking ownership and managing production requests/questions/issues initially for products reference data support requests but longer term across Products/Pricing and Reference Data Platform domains.
- Manage production problem related incidents- Perform post incident analysis / documentation and related follow-ups
- Planning for IT/Business/Market change events
- Internal/External communication
- Taking proactive initiatives to stabilize & improve plant/enhance current process
The candidate needs to : -
- understand the overall business flow, supported application systems and its interface with clients
- be able to investigate on issues (by going through logs/code/database)
- Incident management for application issues (comfortable in running and managing calls)
- Act as an escalation point for clients
- Escalating problems to level 3 (core development and engineering) groups
- Be flexible to provide weekend on call rotation (every 6 weeks) For follow the sun for Asia/Europe and North America as Escalation contact from offshore team
- Work closely with Application Development to ensure that the support team has excellent knowledge of the application set own and maintain support knowledgebase and documents
- Document the knowledge articles and related support pages (remove)
- Liaise with external parties to resolve issues (markets, data providers, etc).
- be able to effectively communicate across internal/external groups and business clients
- be able to drive follow-up on issues and provide updates
- Strong communication skills are essential, and must be able to switch between technical terminology and business language easily
- Professional ownership of incidents and end user requests
- Have a can do attitude with a strong sense of ownership, follow through and delivery
- Developing and documenting support processes- Experience in a fast paced, dynamic enterprise infrastructure
- Production management experience ITIL training
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Team player, highly motivated (or Team player in a global and diverse setting)
- Willingness to learn and take initiative
- Basic level exposure to any RDBMS (preferably Sybase) and programming (preferably Perl) is required.
- Strong understanding of SQL, DB2 and Sybase databases.
- Familiarity with Perl and Java
- Linux and UNIX skills
- Knowledge of the financial industry - (eg.listed derivatives, options, Index/ETF, Bonds, Stocks)
- Experience in Scripting languages (Perl/shell)
- Previous experience supporting reference data and middleware architecture