Business Analyst - Pune - Barclays
Barclays as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Business Analyst jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Barclays company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Barclays International is a diversified transatlantic business comprising our corporate banking franchise, which is market leading in the UK with strong international growth opportunities, our top-tier investment bank, a strong and growing US and international cards business, our international wealth offering, and leading payments capability through both corporate banking and the Barclaycard merchant acquiring expertise. Barclays International has scale in wholesale banking and consumer lending, strength in our key markets, excellent growth potential, and good balance in its revenue streams, delivering further resilience and diversification.
About Corporate Banking – Cash and Channels
Corporate Banking supports clients in the UK and around the world providing Corporate Banking services to medium enterprises, large UK and global corporations, and financial institutions. Corporate Banking has the people and capabilities to help our clients achieve their ambitions in the right way.
The Cash and Channels function within Corporate Banking Technology supports a range of applications for example Client Frontend applications, File Gateway, Liquidity Management, Pricing and Billing.
Overall Purpose of Role
- To work with the business and operations to understand and develop their Business requirements
- To formulate recommendations based on analysis in order to influence the decisions of the business
- Translate the Business requirements into functional requirements and work with the Vendor and other delivery teams to define requirement scope and interdependencies
- To work with technology partners to ensure technology have a full understanding of the Business requirements
- Be the SME for the Billing application.
- Undertake analysis with stakeholders to gain data and to drive out business design and requirements
- Contribute to the definition of high level business and operational architectures and designs, aligned to business and operational strategies
- Work with Business, Product, Operations and other stakeholders using standard techniques to gather business requirements (functional and related non-functional) and document them using right tools
- Assist in the delivery and presentation of business analysis to appropriate levels of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the Project plan
- Investigate alternate business solutions to issues / challenges, and represent these business solutions for agreement
- Document the interface requirements in the agreed format to the required level of detail.
- Good general communication and documentation skills are required to give clear and concise descriptions in flexible terminology such that concepts can be described to the Business, Technical and Management stakeholders with equal flexibility.
- Strong presentation, verbal reasoning and conflict management skills are required.
Stakeholder Management & Leadership
The Role is required to interact with various teams during requirement definition like Business, Product, Operations, Finance, Risk and Compliance to understand the requirements. The role is also expected to interact with the Application Vendor to define and clarify the requirements that are captured. The role is also expected to interact with various dependent application teams in the landscape. The role is expected to bring in clarity to the interactions between other systems and the Billing Application.
- Should be able to work through ambiguities and agree on workable decision
- Able to drive the resolution to issues / problems
- Report progress in a timely and accurate manner
- Raise risks and issues in a timely and clear manner
Decision-making & Problem Solving
The role is expected to have excellent understand of Billing application in large corporate banking environment.
- Able to think out of the box and propose alternate solution to problems
- Ability to take independent decision relating to detail level functionality
- Ability to bring the required clarity into the requirement so that it can be progressed
Risk & Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
The candidate should be able to:
- Work in an organised well-structured manner
- Be proactive in the execution of allocated tasks
- Own the tasks independently
- Be able to communicate clearly on the status and progress of allocated activities
- Be willing to learn new skills
- Understands essential concepts of major activities associated large project implementations
- Understands Billing Domain as implemented in large Banks
- Is familiar with leading billing products like ORMB
- Should have worked in multiple programs in the role of Business Analysis
- Should have exposure to at least 2 large program with multi country roll outs
- Should have lead at least one large program as Business Analyst either individually or with a team
The content of this role profile is relevant for the role in question.
Name of reviewer: Sudhir Humnabadkar
Role of reviewer: Project Manager
Date of review : 10-Feb-2017
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question ‘What is Barclays for?’ and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.