Software Engineer Mainframe Developer - Chennai - Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investments as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Software Engineer Mainframe Developer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Fidelity Investments company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Business Unit Overview
FIT (Fidelity Institutional Technology) - provides a wide range of brokerage technology solutions for our FI technology and business partners. Our team provides technology services in the area of development, maintenance, quality assurance and production support of mission critical brokerage applications. The FIT platform, we support is used by 300+ Correspondent banks, 5000+ Investment Advisors, 12 million+ retail customers and 130+ hedge funds, and is capable of handling over 1 million trades per day amounting to 300 million shares. The FIT India team is distributed across Chennai and Bangalore.
The ideal candidate will play the role of a Developer in various New Development, Maintenance and Enhancements efforts in MAINFRAME Application Platforms.
The candidate will work with Tech Leads and senior development resources across the team, as well as other technical and business stakeholders across the organization in a fast paced agile environment. The candidate will be responsible for development, production support, and enhancement work projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performs hands on development of the moderately complex components of the application
- Plays a key role in resolving technical roadblocks involving mainframe technologies
- Works with Tech Leads/Project Managers in US to ensure that assigned work is completed efficiently, meets business requirements, stays within scope, and is delivered on time
- Responsible for writing Technical Systems Design (TSD) document and reviewing all project artifacts including requirements (SRA) and functional specifications (SDS)
- Continually improve quality of development team deliverables
- Ensures code reviews, unit testing and integration testing is completed efficiently and effectively
- Participate in design documentation, coding, unit testing and production deployment of the application components that needs to be implemented
- Assisting in the identification, isolation, resolution and communication of problems within the production environment
- Being part of a rotating on-call support team.
- A minimum of 3-4 years Mainframe development experience preferably within financial services domain.
- Applying development skills in
- Strong SQL and COBOL/CICS programming skills
- Strong experience in Control-M, Endevor, File-Aid, Spufi.
- Exposure to Distributed Technologies (Nice to have/Should learn)
- Strong understanding of a software development methodology, preferably agile.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple high-priority assignments
List of skills required
- Managing multiple priorities in a dynamic agile environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Motivated, self-directed, results oriented
- Team player, with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 3 years of Mainframe development experience
Primary Location IN-TN-Chennai
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Education Level : Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
FMR India Business Unit : Technology Services
Organization : India BG
Job Posting Date : Mar 6, 2017, 6:39:58 AM