Application Support Analyst - Pune - Barclays
Barclays as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Application Support Analyst jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Barclays company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
Please visit our website
for more information.
Enterprise Shared Technology
The Enterprise Shared Technology team provides support for a number of critical applications used at all Barclays UK locations. This role will form part of the Self Service Application Support team.
Overall purpose of role
· The Application Support Specialist will perform a critical role in Application Support and Service Management with responsibility to ensure stability, continuity and availability of the application, in addition to providing rapid response to incidents and escalated user queries.
· Technical Support and Maintenance of the Business Service and Applications.
· Hands-on and should be able to work independently and if required guide team mates.
· Manage the successful handover of change into the support environment.
· Own maintain and track incidents through their entire lifecycle
· Strong Analytical skills.
Application Maintenance and Support – · Takes responsibility for the technical solution to incidents, and problems, reacting quickly and as necessary to live software errors to limit downtime and resolve the issue.
· Takes accountability for ownership and execution of all application related activities related to the day to day operations of the Banks production applications related to the individual Product area.
· Ownership and prioritization of individual Incidents and ensuring the delivery of solutions in line with the Operational Level Agreements to deadlines and quality standards, providing regular updates to key stakeholders and all levels
· Support the handover of new or enhanced software into business-as-usual (BAU) operation, absorbing and assimilating the information and providing junior resources information and education relating to the system technology and function.
· Owner of a group of individual Service Improvement items and responsible for their implementation. Providing out of the box solutions and owning these through to implementation.
· The delivery of documentation to agreed standards, on time and error free
· Provide 24/7 cover and support, providing expertise and specialized system knowledge to allow resolution of key incidents outside of business hours
· Coaches inexperienced team members and provide support and direction to assist with career progression
· Identify proactive remedial strategies to prevent future software problems and to improve the quality of delivered software.
Skills- · Effective Communications, Team Working, Good Planning and Organising, Relationship Building, Analytical Thinking, Customer Service, Problem Solving, Prioritisation, Flexibility.
· Understanding customer needs and priorities to providing quality services.
· Use experience of technical service to identify creative solutions that may require articulation to senior stakeholders, explaining the reasoning and benefit of the identified solution.
· Explaining, advocating and expressing facts and ideas in a variety of settings, both orally and in writing.
· Can communicate to peers, senior line management and senior business stakeholders. Provides support during major incident calls and understands technical constraints of live application / service when articulating solutions and business workarounds to impacted business areas.
· Communicates clearly and concisely, using appropriate level of detail, terminology and style.
· Creates a logical plan, realistic estimates and schedule for any activity
Personal and Interpersonal- · Demonstrate integrity, initiative and commitment when interacting with colleagues & clients.
· Be aware of personal development needs and work to gain the experiences and training necessary to progress professionally and remain current.
· Gain awareness of process and technical developments relevant to their team.
· Improve knowledge of self in the systems development processes and technologies, infrastructure and service support processes, both current and emerging technology.
· Contribute to the bank’s well-being & culture.
Knowledge- · Detailed Knowledge of products/functions outside of day to day area supported
· Takes the lead and can drive engagement with all business users and understand their issues, regardless of Seniority.
· Strong knowledge of Barclays Release and Change process and procedures.
Competencies- · ITIL v3 certified
· Proven results in Incident/Problem/Change and Release disciplines
· Production of high quality documentation
· Demonstrated ability to resolve Incidents
· Demonstrated ability to deliver Change & Releases
IT Capabilities- · Strong understanding of the internal and external environments required to deliver the IT solutions.
· Strong knowledge of key application area, recognised as application expert by their peers and subordinates.
· Strong and proven results in Incident Management and other ITIL disciplines
· Technical Support consisting by use of any languages and technologies
· ITIL V3 foundation certified, previous production support experience, development experience
Technical Skills - · Win Web Server Application – By Auriga Expertise
Or similar system e.g. Base24 EPS from an ATM end to end perspective (preferably running on a UNIX platform)
· Good knowledge of Linux
· Basic knowledge of Mutual authentication and SSL Certificate Installations
· Good knowledge of Oracle SQL
· Application/production support experience and ITIL process flow
· Knowledge of J2EE/JBOSS will be an advantage.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include o
Evidence of strong experience of IT software support o
Evidence of strong experience working within an ITIL Environment (preferred) o
Large-scale blue-chip organisations such as Barclays (preferred) o
Broad knowledge of Barclays Group (beneficial)
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .
Role Profile Attestation
The content of this role profile is relevant for the role in question.
Name of reviewer: Laurence Alcock
Role of reviewer: Self Service Team Lead
Date of review : 20/02/2017
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question ‘What is Barclays for?’ and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.