Software Tools Developer - Bangalore - Cisco Systems Inc
Cisco Systems Inc as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Software Tools Developer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Cisco Systems Inc company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1019426
The Senior Software Engineer will primarily provide hands-on development of automated tests and tools within the engineering group. We are after a python programmer with experience in automating network testing and working with Linux and open source frameworks and applications.
The Business Entity –
Core Software Group (CSG) has the charter for all Software Development functions across all Service Provider / Optical platforms. The hiring team has one of the largest charters – completely owning the many high density core and edge routing platforms.
The Team -
Working in this group, you will have the opportunity to Architect, Design, Develop and Test, some of the world’s largest Service Provider Routers, that are continuously evolving towards enabling the support of newer and exciting customer business paradigms. You will be interacting and working closely with some of the finest talent pool in the industry – where you will find that work is both fun and challenging.
As a part of the engineering team, you will be responsible for the development of high scale automation architectures to assist in the deployment and sustaining of existing and new generation products both hardware and software in the service provider portfolio.
Job involves close interaction with Engineering, Marketing and Account teams, understand the features and priorities, work with BU-wide technical community on the architecture and design, take the product and feature through development and integration and collaborate with test team through Feature and System test cycles.
In addition the engineers are required to:
Role & Responsibility-
• Work closely with other stakeholder teams like HW, Platform Dependent (PD), Platform Independent (PI), Diagnostics, Validation, etc. teams
• Understanding of various Systems Architectures, Routing, Switching and Networking Protocols
• Ability to understand and drive SW system level architecture and design.
• Strong object oriented programming, Data Structures, SW design, MVC concepts, testing and debugging.
• Experience in product life cycle and tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, influential, decision making, leadership, team and people skills.
• Willingly shares information and communicates clearly to team members.
• Encourages and accepts personal feedback and promotes cooperation between team members.
• Follows established procedures and guidelines.
• Exercises judgment within defined standards and consults with management.
• Innovation and Learning.
• Dedication to Customer Success
• A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering discipline (MS preferred)
• Development experience working with modern web technology stack
• Experience with Linux & open source application integration (eg: Docker, Jenkins, Django …etc)
• Experience in test automation of large scale service provider networks.
• Experience working with small teams in an agile development environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with SQL relational databases
• Practical experience in Object Oriented Design (OOD)
• Network programming experience, CCNA certification is a plus
• Experience of working with remote workers in different time zones
• Excellent communication skills for peer-to-peer and peer-to-leadership communication
• Experience in handling change in priorities, scope and technologies
• Ability to work with broad requirements and ask the right questions to clarify
• Self-motivated and able to work well independently and in a team environment
• Availability and capability to provide on-call diagnostic/troubleshooting support for features developed
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• Experience working in support environment as a team member or a lead
• Flexible team-oriented attitude; able to adapt to changing requirements
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Services