Staff Software Engineer - Bangalore - Intuit
Intuit as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Staff Software Engineer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Intuit company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Come join the "QuickBooks Team" as a "Staff Software Engineer". QuickBooks is an accounting and financial Software that helps Small businesses to organize their business efficiently.
Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
Designing/developing Desktop Applications, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC’s)
Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
Roughly 85% hands-on coding
Applies left shift mindset and plays various roles of DEV, QE and Ops throughout the development life cycle and owns the E2E quality of the deliverable.
Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM methodologies.
· 10+ years’ experience developing Desktop Software on Windows.
· BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
· Strong experience with Object Oriented Languages (OOD), C++, C# and .Net. Rich UI Development experience.
· Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
· Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Strong experience in the Software design/architecture process
· Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Business Acumen - strategic thinking & strategy development
- Building strong teams - set and evangelize vision, facilitative leadership, attract and retain key talent
· Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating desktop based applications.
· Experience with various desktop based C++ applications.
Scope of work:
· Apply full understanding of the software engineering discipline (they are a master of their discipline) and industry best practices plus creativity to effectively design, implement, and support SW products and services.
· Work on significant assignments that are broad in scope and complexity and, cover a wide range of issues.
· Discover and evaluate the most relevant factors to be considered in the creation, design, implementation or modification of software and services.
· Exercise independent judgment in the selection of methods and techniques used to deliver software and services. Considers build, buy and partnering alternatives in the selection process.
· Create formal internal and external networks outside of own area of expertise to leverage things such as best practices and technologies.
· Coach and mentor other engineers on methods and techniques.
· Coordinate technical dependencies with other teams.
· May be a technical lead for complex projects.
· May participate in the definition of project objectives.
· May influence organizational goals beyond a specific project.